Section 1 Information about the collection of personal data
- In the following we provide information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- The controller pursuant to Art. 4 (7) EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Montaplast GmbH, Krottorfer Str. 25, D-51597 Morsbach, Germany, info(at)montaplast.com (see our legal information). You can contact our data protection officer at datenschutz(a)montaplast.com or at our postal address with the addition “the data protection officer”.
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
- If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our website or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
Section 2 Your rights
- With regard to the personal data concerning you, you have the following rights towards us:
- right to information,
- right to rectification or erasure,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data portability.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server and that are technically required for the provision of our services. In order to display our website and to ensure the stability and security of the connection, we collect the following data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR:
- Content of the request (domain and specific page or files called up)
- Date and time of the request incl. time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Access status/HTTP status code or successful retrieval message
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- Referring website (referrer URL)
- IP address and provider of the user
- Browser (browser type together with version and language of the browser software)
- Operating system of the user and its interface.
Section 4 Other functions and offers of our website
- In some cases, we use external service providers to process your personal data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
- If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
Section 5 Cookies
- When you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall. They cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the entity that sets the cookie.
- Some cookies are set by us via our website. However, the integration of third-party content (e.g. videos stored on YouTube or Vimeo, RSS feeds or graphics from other websites) means that third-party cookies may also be set. This means that the respective third party who sets the cookie obtains knowledge of personal data (e.g. at least the IP address) of the users of our website. Without this transmission, these third-party contents could not be displayed in the browser of the individual user of our website; the communication of the data listed in Section 3 is therefore necessary for the presentation of these contents. Where possible, we only use third-party content from those providers that use the IP address of the user of our website solely for the purpose of transmitting the content. We will inform you in detail below about the integration of third-party content.
This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below
- Transient cookies (see a)
- Persistent cookies (see b).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and for example refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
Section 6 Integration of videos
- We have integrated videos into our website which are stored at http://vimeo.com by the provider Vimeo, Inc. LLC, White Plains, USA (Vimeo) and can be played directly from our website.
Section 7 Use of Web Analytics
- The website uses the web analysis service NewRelic indirectly via Vimeo to optimise the performance of the video stream. The legal basis for the use of NewRelic is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Cookies (see Section 5 for details) are stored on your computer for the analysis. NewRelic reserves the right to use all technically possible web analysis tools. The personal data collected through your use of the website are transferred to a NewRelic server and stored there (in the USA). The personal data collected may also be passed on to third parties by NewRelic. They may be anonymised. NewRelic abides by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- We have no influence on the data collected by NewRelic and the data processing processes, nor do we know the extent of data collection, the purposes of processing, or the storage periods. We do not have any information on the deletion of the collected personal data by NewRelic.
- For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection, processing of the data by NewRelic, and rights and settings to protect your privacy, see the NewRelic Privacy Statement (New Relic, Inc., 188 Spear Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA, 94105, firstname.lastname@example.org): https://newrelic.com/termsandconditions/privacy
Section 8 Use of social media plug-ins
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp. The ability to interact with users on social networks allows us to use the plug-ins to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
- We integrate these plug-ins via the so-called two-click solution. With such a plug-in you can communicate directly with the respective provider and other users of the social network. You can recognise the provider of the plug-in by the marking on the button or its logo. Your personal data will only be transferred to the provider of the plug-in if you click on the marked field. In this case, the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website and the information listed in Section 3 will be passed on to the provider of the plug-in. The personal data are transmitted to the respective provider and stored there. For US providers, this process usually takes place in the USA. According to the provider in Germany, in the case of Facebook, the IP address is anonymised immediately after it has been collected.
- The plug-in provider stores your personal data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the design of its website according to your needs. The data are used, among other things, to display demand-oriented advertising or to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. This takes place regardless of whether you have a user account with the provider through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with the provider of the plug-in, the data will be assigned directly to your user account. If you share our website using the activated button, the plug-in provider stores this information and shares it with your contacts. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles; you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. By logging out before activating the button, you can avoid assigning the data to your user account.
- We have no influence on the data collected by the plug-in provider and the data processing processes, nor do we know the extent of data collection, the purposes of processing, or the storage periods. We do not have any information on the deletion of the collected personal data by the plug-in provider.
- Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection, its processing by the plug-in provider and rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the privacy policies of the plug-in providers provided below.
- Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084 . Facebook abides by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter abides by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- WhatsApp Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland, email@example.com, https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/?eea=1#privacy-policy WhatsApp abides by the EU-US-Privacy-Shield.
- As the provider of the respective plug-in collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies stored in your browser via the security settings before clicking the button. We also recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network to avoid the association of user profiles with your user account.
Section 9 Information, objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- If you have any questions about data protection or the processing of your personal data by us, you can of course contact us. We are at your disposal for requests for information, suggestions or complaints.
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation affects the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have communicated the revocation to us.
- If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is in particular not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which is respectively described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data the way we do. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
- You have the right to request confirmation as to whether we are processing personal data relating to you. We will provide you with a copy of the personal data that are the subject of the processing free of charge.
- You can of course can object to the processing of your personal data for data analysis purposes at any time.
- You can inform us that you are exercising these rights using the following contact details: Montaplast GmbH, Krottorfer Straße 25, D-51597 Morsbach, datenschutz(at)montaplast.com. Please note that due to a large number of unsolicited advertising e-mails sent to the e-mail address provided here, it cannot be ruled out that an e-mail is overlooked in the spam filter. We therefore recommend that you contact us by post.